Alice Dunnigan autobiography on 2016 Amelia Bloomer list
We’d like to share some exciting news for local writer Carol McCabe Booker. The autobiography Booker edited, Alone Atop The Hill: The Autobiography of Alice Dunnigan, Pioneer of the National Black Press, was recently named part of the 2016 Amelia Bloomer List.
The Amelia Bloomer List annually recognizes books ideal for young readers through age 18 with significant feminist content. The list is complied by the the Amelia Bloomer Project, a committee of the American Library Association Feminist Task Force.
In her autobiography, Alice Dunnigan explores the intersecting forces of racism and sexism, which she fought throughout her life and her career as a groundbreaking black female journalist.
Copies of Dunnigan’s book, edited by Booker, are available at Riverby for $20.
February 10, 2016 / riverbybooksdc /
Categories: Unusual books
11am to 7pm Daily
- Holiday Hours at Riverby DC November 15, 2016
- As seen in The Hill Rag… October 2, 2016
- It’s Election Time September 21, 2016
- So Much Star Trek! July 29, 2016
- Author talk: Carolyn Karcher on ‘A Refugee from His Race’ July 6, 2016